• Wren's Tower
  • The sanctuary; windows by John Hayward
  • Hanging Rood carved by Otto Irsara, a gift from the people of the Federal Republic of Germany
  • The current ring of 12 bells dates from 1961
  • The Blessed Virgin Mary depicted holding the church of St Mary-le-Bow, surrounded by other City churches and their patrons

The City Churches: St Mary-le-Bow

Sir Christopher Wren

place
Cheapside, EC2V 6AU
info_outline
Partial disabled access, Toilets
Founded by William the Conqueror's Archbishop Lanfranc in 1080 (the significant crypt survives) St Mary-le-Bow was rebuilt, notably by Wren after the Great Fire and by Laurence King in 1964 after WWII destruction. Home of Bow Bells.

Access

Saturday 22nd

Open 10am–5pm

group
  • Guided tours of church and crypt with the Rector at 11am, 12.30pm

Sunday 23rd

Open 10am–5pm

group
  • Guided tours of church and crypt with the Rector at 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm

info_outline This building is open free of charge at other times of the year

Design

Original design
Sir Christopher Wren, 1683
Restoration
Laurence King, 1964
Type
Religious
Period
Historical/contemporary