St Mary's Convent

Unknown

place
10 The Butts, Brentford, TW8 8BQ
info_outline
Partial disabled access, Parking, Toilets
Convent in 18C grade II listed house, c1764-1792, with original features including fine decorative plasterwork. Various additions including west wing (1913-15), and harmonious care home facilities and chapel by PRP Architects (1998-2001).

Access

Saturday 22nd

group
  • Guided tour of the historic sections, modern chapel, and heritage rooms at 10am, 12pm, 3pm (Max 8 per tour) Duration 1.5 hours; includes historical talk

Pre-booking is required for this building

Phone: 0208-568-7305

Design

Original design
Unknown, 1764
Extension
Radford, architects, Surrey, 1913
Extension
Wallace Gregory, 1924
Extension
Scoles and Raymond , 1957
Extension
PRP Architects, 1998
Restoration
PRP Architects, 1998
Type
Religious
Period
Historical/contemporary