Toilets, Full disabled access, Partial disabled access
The showpiece of Clement-Talbot Automobile Works, the building housed the offices and turbine hall for the factory that built the first car in the world to go 100miles in one hour. It stayed open through WWl and WWll as part of war efforts.
(max visitors 30)
Regular tours every 30 mins (1pm-4.30pm) max 30 per tour. Duration: 30-45 mins.
Entertainment, Mixed use, Industrial, Art studio
Ladbroke Hall, Grade II Listed, was built in 1903 as the headquarters building for the Sunbeam Talbot Motor Company and as such was part of the first purpose-built car factory in Britain. The building contains two large spaces originally used as car showrooms as well as offices and panelled directors’ suite.
Avanti Architects were commissioned to carry out the restoration and conversion of the building to provide a community arts space, a children’s television studio, café and exhibition space, a primary health care centre and office accommodation.
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Environment Award 1997