• St Anne's side view
  • St Anne's interior
  • St Anne's west front

Parish Church of St Anne

Joshua Kirby

place
Kew Green, TW9 3AA
info_outline
Partial disabled access, Parking, Refreshments, Toilets
Grade II* listed, originally built as a chapel under the patronage of Queen Anne in 1714 and subsequently enlarged. Many notable memorials including to scientist William Jackson Hooker and tombs of Thomas Gainsborough and Johan Zoffany.

Access

Saturday 22nd

Open 10am–2.30pm

group
  • Tour of St Anne's and its historical setting in Kew Green by John Moses, local historian at 11am (Max 30 per tour)
  • Tour of Tercentenary additions to architecture and fabrics by local artist and designer Sue Mason at 1pm (Max 30 per tour)

info_outline This building is open free of charge at other times of the year

Design

Original design
Joshua Kirby, 1714
Extension
Joshua Kirby, 1770
Extension
Jeffrey Wyattville, 1837
Extension
Henry Stock, 1884
Restoration
Sir Ninian Comper, 1906
Type
Religious
Period
Stuart