• Chancel, apse and memorial garden
  • King's Troop trumpeters at unveiling of new gates
  • Phoenix - restored
  • Victoria Cross memorial and mosaic of St George and the Dragon
  • New gates with view of RA Barracks
  • Main entrance with new gates
  • Peacock - restored
  • Rear view from New Road, showing crypt and protective cover
  • Mosaic - 'The Lamb' - restored

Ruins of Garrison Church - Woolwich

Thomas Wyatt

place
Grand Depot Road, Woolwich, SE18 6XJ
info_outline
Refreshments, Toilets, Partial disabled access
Built to serve Royal Artillery at Woolwich. Bombed in 1944 and now a consecrated ruin. VC memorial for RA and very fine mosaics. Restored in 2015 with new arched roof. Memorial garden. Newly commissioned gates unveiled in April 2018.

Access

Saturday 22nd

Open 10am–5pm

part of the east end may be under restoration.

Sunday 23rd

Open 10am–5pm

part of the east end may be under restoration.

info_outline This building is open free of charge at other times of the year

Design

Original design
Thomas Wyatt, 1863
Type
Religious
Period
Victorian