Old Royal Naval College - Queen Anne Court

Sir Christopher Wren

place
Main entry West Gate (King William Walk), or East Gate (Park Row) and Romney Road crossing. Entry also from pier via Cutty Sark Gardens, SE10 9NN
info_outline
Toilets, Partial disabled access
Wren and Hawksmoor building, completed 1749 when Thomas Ripley built the pavilions facing the river. Highlights include council boardroom, grand staircase and restored Portland stonework. Refurbished in 2000 for University of Greenwich.

Access

Saturday 22nd

group
  • Regular tours every 60 mins (11.30am-3.30pm) max 20 per tour. Meet on Grand Square to collect tickets and start/finish tours..

Sunday 23rd

group
  • Regular tours every 60 mins (11.30am-3.30pm) max 20 per tour. Meet on Grand Square to collect tickets and start/finish tours..

Design

Original design
Sir Christopher Wren, Nicholas Hawksmoor, 1689
Refurbishment
Dannatt Johnson, 2000
Type
Education
Period
Stuart