Nursery Building - 'Children's House'

Charles Cowles Voysey

place
Kingsley Hall, Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, RM9 5NB
info_outline
Full disabled access, Parking, Refreshments, Toilets, Partial disabled access
Designed in 1925/6, the 'Children's House' has been in continuous use for children's work since it was opened by Ishbel MacDonald in 1932. The first recognised nursery school on any new housing estate, as well as the first in Essex.

Access

Sunday 23rd

Open 12.30pm–3.30pm

Access to Rainbow Building, partial access to Sunshine/Voysey building. (max visitors 50)

group
  • Tour at 1pm (Max 50 per tour)
event
  • About the School (exhibition), capacity 50 (Pictures available to view)

Design

Original design
Charles Cowles Voysey, 1931
Type
Education
Period
Inter-war